Re: Fix problem with constant modulus

     This failure does not predate the expmed.c patch.  It is definitely
    introduced by the expmed.c patch.  Whether it is caused directly by
    the change or is a secondary effect hasn't been determined.

    I don't know of any issues with respect to register renaming on this
    port.

I was talking about Eric's report, which was a SIGSEGV.  You got an
assertion failure.  I'm not sure that these are the same.