Re: GNAT: Handling of Freezing Rules

Reinhold May wrote:

But  in  my  opinion  reading  attributes  doesn't   necessarily
constitute 'referencing an entity' (the variable).  I think, the
attributes 'address, 'size and 'alignment are  independent  from
each other and  should  be  allowed  to  be  used  in  order  to
configure each other in a representation clause.   Thus,  in  my
opinion Gnat should compile the code above.

This is not a GNAT bug, but simply an Ada language issue (GNAT is correct in rejecting this). So this mailing list is not really appropriate for discussing language issues. I would suggest you take this to comp.lang.ada. (P.S. this is nothing to do with freezing)