Re: GCC 3.4.0 fails to boot with a non-GCC C compiler

See the thread starting at

Apparently the problem is that HP-UX's C compiler sort-of-but-not-really
supports the inline keyword, and that the tests we use to find it differ,
so that one tester says inline is present, the other says it is absent.

According to Jakub, it seems the autoconf 2.13 test says HP has inline,
autoconf 2.5x says it does not.  So upgrading to 2.5x everywhere would
be one way of fixing the world.

So, Mark, if you want 3.4.0 in a hurry, you could use my patch and fix
things correctly later; otherwise I'll punt and let someone else figure
out what we should do.