Re: Tasks?

The Thodes wrote:
I was thinking about making porting macros testable at runtime. Is that OK?

Just try writing a patch and submitting it. You should keep the initial patch small, as you may get a lot of comments on it. Assuming you get any at all; patch reviews can be slow sometimes.

You don't have to ask for permission before tacking any particular task. In most cases, we don't assign specific tasks to anyone, or keep track of who might be working any particular task.

If you write any non-trivial patch (e.g. more than 10 lines), then we can't accept it without a copyright assignment. This process can take a few weeks, and you need to get your employer/university to sign a form. See for instance
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-06/msg02298.html
You probably should try writing a patch before going through the trouble of getting the necessary paperwork done.