Re: Darwin Contributor

On Apr 5, 2004, at 22:07, Andrew Reynolds wrote:

Hi,

I am on the team that ports GNAT to Mac OS X. I wish to become a contributor or, at a minimum, submit patches to enable Ada (GNAT) on Darwin. I am currently bootstrapping the 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 compilers using both Apple and FSF versions of the compiler. The number of changes is minor. 3 new files in gcc/ada are needed with changes to gcc/ada/Makefile.in to incorporate those files. Also, I need to default -fno-common in toplev.c or whatever mechanism makes sense (spec file) for our specific platform.

No you do not need -fno-common, you need my patch which I submitted a while back to fix the bug
in the Darwin's back-end. The patch is located in bug 10129.

The reason why I have pinged the patch lately is because I no longer have an Ada compiler on my
machine and I will not have one soon as the Ada front-end does not build on the tree-ssa branch
as it does not support gimple trees and function at a time so soon 3.5.0 will not be able to build
Ada and I no longer will be able even test the patch any more.

The patch is locate here (also): <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-07/msg00171.html>

Also note I will not test it any more so you can test it and submit it again.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski