Re: Of Bounties and Mercenaries

Joe Buck wrote:
>Motivated individuals who feel that their needs aren't being addressed are
>welcome to educate themselves enough to become GCC contributors themselves.

I guess I did. :-)  My need was for a compiler which built in a sane manner
which could be understood (and upgradided) by anyone, rather than a black box
of untouchable black magic where mortals feared to tread.

I hope I've made some progress on that front (eliminating Cygnus configure
from the tree, updating stuff to autoconf 2.5x, adding comments to configure
and make scripts, reorganizing them, eliminating the exotic fixincludes
scripts, getting libada into its own directory, etc.)

I'm quite sure this qualifies as an infrastructure improvement which
benefits everyone but which most companies won't dedicate specific money
or people to, which was one of the categories people were talking about,
no?

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/