Re: String optimisations gone?

Dave Korn wrote:
  Could someone tell me if the compile-time string optimisations were
deliberately disabled between 3.2 and 3.3?

I doubt that they have been disabled, but it is possible that they have changed. I suggest you look into why the tests are failing for your port.

By the way, if you look at the testsuite, you will see that these tests have been changed in current sources. So maybe there was a problem with the tests that has since been fixed.