Floating Point Exception Handling

I'd like to get connected with whomever is working on topics like the
interaction between SIGFPE handlers and try/catch stack unwinding in
C++.

In particular, I've seen several implementations of SIGFPE handlers that
throw to try/catch receivers, but they all seem to have problematic
behavior.  In particular, interactions between 387 vs SSE floating
point, libc routines, cpu architecture differences, -ffpmath=sse,387
mode, compiler optimization behavior, etc.  I've experimented (3.3.3)
with some test programs written by others and modified by me that
demonstrate a wide range of incorrect or unexpected behaviors (commonly,
program aborts).  Now some of this may be the need to know some magic
like -fnon-call-exceptions and -fno-omit-frame-pointers, but I'm looking
discuss with people knowledgeable about this topic and who are actively
working in these areas.  By the way, the Intel compiler seems to be more
robust in addressing these issues currently, and I'd like to see g++
(which I use) catch up.  I'd also like to port from x86/SSE to
G5/Alitvec someday with a common code base, which is another reason to
stay in the g++ universe.

Thanks.