Re: How to add timeout to Ada tests on Linux/ia64?

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 01:43:46PM +0100, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > I tried 0.01 but still basicly got the same intermittant failures.
>
> Please tell us which failures you're seeing, because we're discussing
> in the dark otherwise.
>
> Arno

I believe from memory the main test I was seeing problems with
was C954025.  This test has delays of 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0 seconds.
When these are multiplied by 0.001 the resultant delays become
much less that the HZ(100) scheduling of a loaded Linux machine.

This test would consistently fail, but would sometimes just hang.
I dont remember any others hanging, but this was a while ago and
I never got any problems after this change.  I did not bother raising
it because I had tested and realized that this only happened when the
machine was loaded (although not really excessively).
H.J. may or may not be seeing the same problem, but it is something
to keep in mind.

If there are tests with delays in the minutes, the supplied constant
would probably be Ok for them.  Maybe we need two constants:
one for short delays, and one for longer ones.

--
Chris Proctor