Re: output binary

Could someone direct me to the area of gcc source code that deals with outputing the actual binary code. For example, the source code that outputs an "e8" for a "call" instruction. Ive been trying to trace through the code, but everything I keep finding leads to stuff that is still outputing strings like "call".

gcc does not output binary. It creates an assembly code output file (.s) which is then
run through an assembler to produce binary.