Re: Building GENERIC trees

In message <1078431212.40478dec6ddeb@webmail.bath.ac.uk>, Tom Crick writes:
 >I'm leaning towards going straight to GENERIC trees, just for the simple fact
 >that it prevents having to write a 'genericise()' function and the need to
 >create my own AST - I'd have a documented format to aim towards.
Creating generic directly would be my recommendation.

 > How complex is it to build GENERIC trees, as I am mindful of having
 > contingency plans if it goes awry.
Fairly simple if you start with GENERIC as your target.  It's harder to
retrofit if you've already got a large body of code which generates its
own AST.

The f95 front-end generates GENERIC trees directly and may be useful for
you to use as a reference.

jeff