Re: IMA vs tree-ssa

On Feb 27, 2004, at 10:35 AM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
On Feb 26, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
On Feb 26, 2004, at 4:21 PM, law@redhat.com wrote:
In message <47CEA8A4-68B9-11D8-8C0E-000A95D7CD40@apple.com>, Dale Johannesen wr
ites:

Perhaps maybe_fold_offset_to_array_ref ought to ignore the type "mismatch", at least when offset is 0. I can't see that *&x (for x an array) should ever be anything but x[0]. Let me try that...
My only concern would be that you might get a bad operand type mis-match;
though for this code I don't really see how that could happen.

This gets farther than before in 176.gcc; there's an apparently unrelated BE crash later.
As you're OK with the idea, I'll bootstrap/test this overnight.

Bootstrap and test passed but given rth's comments I'll look at a langhook for
comptypes instead of submitting this.

This bit seems to be working, but doesn't solve the entire problem by any means.
The tree-based aliasing and structure-scalarizing code also think there's only
one copy of a struct type node, and work off pointers. There may be more places
I haven't found yet; can you think of any? (Most of the SPEC failures seem to be
due to aliasing; it thinks different copies of a struct from different files do not
alias, when in fact they do. This breaks lots of things.)