Re: RFC: New C++ Attribute: final

On Mar  3, 2004, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:

> I believe you completely missed what I was saying.

No.  You're just thinking of a completely different issue.  I'm
talking about a case that can't possibly be optimized by GCC without
an extension, because the optimization would be wrong.  You're
pointing out cases in which GCC fails to apply an optimization that
would be correct.  Both are related with turning virtual calls into
direct calls, but they're not the same.