Re: gcc and compiling speed

Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org> writes:

>> Marc,
>> Now I know you have been asked before every time you bring up on the
>> GCC's mailing list about a set of preprocessed source for openbsd so
>> that the speed of GCC will improve.
>
> How will this improve the speed of gcc?

If Marc (or anyone) provides us with a test case for the performance
regression - for instance, the set of files produced by running gcc -E
over all of the openbsd kernel, which is what Andrew meant - then we
can find out why the compiler is slower, and fix it.

We do have our own test cases for compile time, and they have been
being fixed (mostly by Jan Hubicka) but we don't know that this will
help you.

zw