Re: newbie: RTL syntax

Iman Narasamdya wrote:
I would like to translate RTL representation to another more readable representation, e.g.:

This has been suggested in the past, but we don't want two RTL dumpers, and the conflict has been left unresolved. If you search gcc-patches archives, you might be able to find the one that was proposed earlier. I don't remember who wrote it or when, but I think it came from Apple.

Without touching the source of RTL generator, it means that I have to know the syntax of RTL representation, in order to parse it. I have looked at the gcc internal manual, but it doesn't describe the syntax completely. Is there any description of the syntax of RTL representation out there? Or does anyone have RTL parser :-) ?

RTL is just a data structure. There is no need to parse anything if you want a different pretty-printer. You just print it out differently. See print_rtl in print-rtl.c.