Ada multilib (was: committed: merge with libada-branch)

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 03:22, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> >Moving the Makefile code makes sense, but I don't
> >see clearly the point in moving the runtime
> >sources around in CVS.
>
> Moving the Makefile code is very important.  Actually, I've been
> putting off thinking about merging the libada-branch to mainline
> precisely because of this issue.  Once the Makefile code is moved (which
> looks pretty hairy to me, but might not be as hairy as it looks), I
> can work on cleaning it up, getting multilibs working, etc.

I'd say getting multilib documented FIRST would be a great help :).
(If this stuff is important, I don't understand how it has
no documentation at all).

The Ada runtime build code is conceptually simple (IIRC), select
the sources from target and flags (using GNU make feature),
then "copy" and compile it.

Laurent