Re: Factoring algorithms on rtl ?

On Feb 18, 2004, at 3:04 PM, Jim Wilson wrote:

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 02:03, Gábor Lóki wrote:
We would very much like to continue this work, because even in this very
simple code motion algorithm we have extra gain beside the mentioned
algorithm when optimizing for size. I expect significant reductions from
the more sophisticated factorings. Do you support this?

I have taken no position on this work. I simply pointed out that it
appeared to be a generalization of cross-jumping, which is something you
didn't mention, so I wasn't sure if you were aware of it.

In this spirit, are you aware that df.c provides the same def-use information you attempt to generate on your own?