Re: GNAT 3.4 bootstrap binaries for IRIX 5.3 (Attn. SC)

Arnaud Charlet writes:

> There's a distribution issue with these binaries: they contain result of
> fixinclude on vendor include files, which cannot be redistributed AFAIK.

I'm not sure this is really a problem, but it might well be.

> One possibility is to remove the lib/.../include directory completely, and
> add a README explaining that a link to an already installed GCC include
> directory is needed.

Which would render those bootstrap binaries much less useful since their
user would need to perform a C-only gcc bootstrap just to get this
directory.  Fortunately, there seems to be a much easier solution: starting
with GCC 3.3 (I think), there's $libsubdir (or
$libexecsubdir)/install-tools, which contains mkheaders.  Just running this
with the appropriate prefix should produce the fixincluded headers
corresponding to the current system.

I'll try this and provide a README explaining how to use it.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University