Re: [RFC] Move --enable-languages logic to the toplevel

> This patch looks plausible.  You should test the toplevel configure in
> a binutils tree, to make sure it behaves sensibly when there is no gcc
> subdirectory.

Needless to say, it does not (it works, but passes a bogus --enable-languages=c
option).  I will add a revised patch to the (already long) queue of patches
waiting for the copyright assignment form to reach me. :-(  In the meanwhile I
created PR14131 and assigned it to me.

Paolo