Re: gcc loop unrolling problem ??

Jan Hubicka wrote:

The bound on 8 unrollings is pretty artifical.  We do have other bound
specifying the size of loop to reach.  Perhaps you can try benchmark on
the code and tell us how it works when the loop is unrolled 9 times.

Sure, but it would be surprising on modern processor architectures to find a case where unrolling more than 8 times helps. I suppose if symbolic interpretation handles straightline code and not loops, you could get an advantage :-)