Re: compiler performance

I looked at the benchmark code. It is naive and useless.
Worse than I expected actually. The writer has no concept
of the notion of liveness, and is also apparently
blissfully unaware of loop optimization.

I would consider output from this benchmark to be
completely useless.

There are so many specific criticisms to be made that
it is hardly worth trying to go into detail.