Re: Help restricting args of an intrinsic function

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:59:34PM -0800, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Friday, January 30, 2004, at 05:38  PM, Diego Novillo wrote:
> > Yes, that's fine.  Here's what tree-ssa emits after the tree
> > optimization passes for the test cases you mentioned.
>
> So, does your scheme work when the optimizer is off (-O0)?
>
> If not, why would that be a solution?

Who says that exactly one instruction must be emitted with the optimizer
off?  It seems to me that it would suffice to have the builtin function
emit the one instruction in the case where the mask arguments, after any
optimization, are constant, and otherwise emit whatever code is needed to
compute the correct result (or simply emit a call to a library function).