Re: Please mention the CVS parameter has changed in the web page

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Kelley Cook wrote:
> I believe that our instructions for accessing Savannah are missing a few
> steps which any GCC developers likely wouldn't have noticed, since they
> were already required for our cvs write access.
>
> a) You must have SSHv2 installed.
> b) You must set CVS_RSH="ssh".

This patch is mostly fine, thanks.

Some issues I noticed: Please do not link to any SSH implementation and
use the term "SSH2 protocol".  (In fact, I'd simply omit that -- hardly
any client these days does not support SSH2, so this may confuse more
users than it helps.)

The update of the page you refer to happened in January this year.

Both items 3 and 4 are optional, in the sense that one doesn't need to
do 3 to do 4.  I suggest to merge these two items and use the original
wording (or something like that).

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/