Please mention the CVS parameter has changed in the web page explicitly.Also a GCC source mirror?

Hi,

For the last two months (maybe one months, but couting back, I think
it is more like 6-7 weeks and close to 2 months), I could not
access GCC CVS tree successfully.

I was hacking GCC's error output routine and so being unable to
access the latest CVS tree was rather annoying and actually hampers
my efforts to merge my hacked code with the latest CVS code.

I wondered if other people experienced similar problems.
>From what I read in the gcc-patches mailing lists, it seemed
that the business was as usual and so I figured
maybe it was a network problem or something on my end.

However, after almost two months, the inability to update
my local CVS tree for two months is too much.
So  I began investigating again.
Firstly, I tried to see if there was some change
to CVS setup.
To my surprise, I found that the CVS parameter seems to have changed.
I used to use
TARGET="-d :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc"
for cvs command but now
the parameter value is listed as
:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc

I have used the previous value since early 2003 successfully until
last November. So I was a little surprised at the change.
It would be great if the

	 http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html

page mentions the change more explicitly (and
mentions when the change became effective.). It could be that I missed
the announcement somewhere, but recording the change explicitly would
help certainly.

Now that is one thing.

Even after the parameter change,
the network problem or access problem still persists.
Here is the short snippet from my attempt.

ishikawa$duron $ cvs -z 9 -d :ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc
update
savannah.gnu.org: Connection timed out
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)
ishikawa@duron$

It is as if the savannah CVS port were protected by a firewall that
blocks IP subnet where my PC is located (I am using ISDN dialup PPP
connection).

Is there a usable mirror of GCC CVS source somewhere?

Happy Hacking,

--
int main(void){int j=2003;/*(c)2003 cishikawa. */
char t[] ="<CI> @abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.,\n\"";