Re: A quick summary of gcc compilation speed from a political point of view

Marc Espie wrote:
>Most of my work on GCC happens in other places. If you want to find
>significant work, look into the OpenBSD repository.  I've spent a long
>time catching up with recent GCC development.  One good thing is that,
>these days, GCC compiles reasonably well on OpenBSD. This was not the
>case three years ago. I also finally have enough room on my development
>machine to be able to work with GCC current.
>
>And so, I'm working on fixing things.

Great!

Any progress on porting that configuration patch to mainline, and addressing
the various questions I asked about the config.gcc entries?  Conceptually
separate pieces of it can be submitted piecemeal as it gets ready; so, for
instance, the libc_r/libpthread bit as one change; any fixincludes issues
as another; etc.  (That's actually preferable, in fact, since it's easier
to review, and problems in one part don't necessarily hold up other parts.)

As a configury maintainer, I would really like GCC to configure correctly
for OpenBSD out of the box, so I appreciate this work.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html