Re: A quick summary of gcc compilation speed from a political point of view

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> Bugzilla is not all about it ;-)  I just tried simple google to
> see whether Marc did never actually report any bug about GCC and the
> first link gives
>
>    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-11/msg01303.html
>
> with a simple patch
>
>    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-11/msg01506.html
>
> I did not go further looking other hits.
> (I hope we won't end up classifying people based on their hits in
> bugzilla).

I didn't mean to classify anybody. It was just a way to note that we don't get
enough compile-time regression bugreports, but we do get a lot of compile-time
regression complaints. If the OpenBSD community now wants to switch to 3.3.x,
I'm more than happy about it. If they want to file bugreports, they're very
welcome. But doing it is much much more effective than speaking of it.

Giovanni Bajo