Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 20:39, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:

> Jeff has offered such a commitment from Redhat towards tree-ssa here:

Yes.  We (Red Hat) are going to keep dedicating quite a bit of time to
tree-ssa whether it merges or not.

> I also agree with Joe that we should consider bumping to version 4.0
> after we merge tree-ssa:
> I think it properly communicates the amount of change under the hood
> to users.

Agreed.

> Whether the merge and major version bump is the next release series or
> the one following that is separate IMHO.  But if we can count on
> dedicated support for fixing regression bugs and documentation now, I
> think we should accept it and merge.

As far as these requirements go, I would ask people to file bugzilla
reports against the branch detailing what needs to be taken care of.

Diego.