Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline

Richard> I'd rather suggest to go for a "quick" 3.5 release with rtlopt and maybe
Richard> new-ra merged, because while 3.4 is of superior quality compared to 3.3
Richard> for me, it quite seriously regressed in resulting performance.  This is
Richard> mainly due to the new loop-unroller which is said to be "fixed" on rtlopt
Richard> branch.

	Other perfomance patches that do not depend on Tree-SSA include:
another GCSE performance patch from IBM Haifa that was considered too late
for GCC 3.4 and Modulo Scheduling (Software Pipelining).

David