Re: povray: a benchmark with mainline, tree-ssa, and icc

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 15:17, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
> Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > Well you did not do a fare comparison for compile time at all unless you
> > configured without checking turned on.  The tree-ssa does more checking
> > than what the mainline or ICC does.
>
> Then please illuminate me as to the proper option to turn off this extra
> checking.

Scott, starting tomorrow the yum repository with x86 tree-ssa binaries
will be built with checking disabled (see the project's page at
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/).

To build your own, use --disable-checking when configuring the compiler.

Diego.