Re: gcj and handling own packages question

Florian Weitling wrote:
> with your several tips I tried and failed *sigh*, so I made a veeeery
> simple example (attached as files Hello.java, which calls a method in
> who.is.Knocking) and a shell excerpt to see what I typed. Maybe I got
> something completely wrong.
>
> Thanks for your help (once more :)

You don't mention the exact version of GCJ/GCC that
you're using, but in any case it is quite
broken/ancient.

I tried your example as is with GCJ 3.4
snapshot for Windows as found (for example)
in:

    http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm

on Windows 2000 without encountering any
problems.

The GCJ binaries available from the link
given above work as normal Win32 executables
and do not need Cygwin - if you insist on
using them from within Cygwin, do ensure that
they come before Cygwin's GCC/GCJ in your PATH.

Do try it out and let us know if you still
face any problems.

HTH,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/