Re: less dwarf2 debug info stored in .o on ia64

Jim Wilson wrote:
I believe the bit in question is in gen_decl_die, at the FIELD_DECL
case, and the check DECL_NAME (decl) != NULL_TREE.  This could perhaps
depend on the existing flag_eliminate_unused_debug_types.  You should
check to see how much extra debug info this emits.  If this starts
emitting debug info for unnamed C++ vtable fields that no one cares
about, then we might need additional checks to get just the C language
unnamed structure fields that you want.  If this doesn't emit much extra
info, then it might be reasonable to do it by default.

Thanks Jim. We will look into it.

Regards,
Rens.