Re: gcc 3.5 integration branch proposal

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 03:13 PM, Daniel Berlin wrote:
Some of the problem is that we have people maintaining *large* numbers of areas of the compiler

We need more people assigned (not more assignments for existing people) to various areas of the compiler, who *want* to be [ ... ] improving speed

Along these lines, I'd like to see C++ about 4x faster. I'd be happy with 2x faster[1], anything less, well, isn't interesting. I'd like for the SC to find and appoint such a person to tackle speed problems.

So far, it isn't happening...

1 - Assumes no regressions...