Number of functions optimized by GCSE module

Hi,

I've met a problem when I wanted to know the number of functions in
164.gzip benchmark (SPEC CPU2000) optimized by GCSE module.  On a
Pentium 4 machines, I found 74 functions optimized by GCSE, while on a
UltraSparc machine, 80 functions.
All of 6 functions in getopt.c of gzip program are not optimized by GCSE
on P4 machine. I'd like to know what the reason behind of this. Is is
because of inlining?  Does GCC use the same inlining policy over
different machines?

Thanks

Qiong