Re: --with-sysroot demands /usr/include?

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 03:06:07PM -0800, Daniel Kegel wrote:
> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > Daniel Kegel wrote:
> >> I couldn't see any way to tell gcc's configure where to look
> >> inside the sysroot for include files.  Is it true that one
> >> simply must put the include files in $sys_root/usr/include when
> >> using --with-sysroot, or did I miss something obvious?
> >
> > If a non-sysroot compiler would have looked in /usr/include, then yes,
> > the pathname within the sysroot must be $sysroot/usr/include.
>
> Non-sysroot compilers could be configured to look $prefix/$target/include
> rather
> than $prefix/$target/usr/include.  That's what my crosstool script did.
> I think I did this to match Montavista's practice.
> This was done using --with-headers=$my_path/include, an option which
> has been obsoleted by --with-sysroot.

That has never been either what MontaVista did, or what --with-headers
did: --with-headers copied things around, it didn't change the search
paths of the built compiler.

> --with-sysroot is a fine and good idea, but I'm finding the transition
> a bit painful, and it's rather annoying that I'm being forced to use it.

I really don't understand how you're having so much trouble
transitioning, but...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz