Re: 784 unexpected failures with g77-3.3 on HP-UX 11.11 (long)

Bob Hall wrote:
It looks like the test suite isn't finding libgcc_s.sl, even
though I have it in SHLIB_PATH. The GCC lib directory does
include the libg2c.a and libg2c.sl.0.0 libraries, and a link
from libg2c.sl to libg2c.sl.0.0.

I don't have access to hpux, and don't know it very well, so I may not be able to help much, but I can make a few suggestions.

The testsuite already sets SHLIB_PATH. See gcc/testsuite/lib/g77.exp for instance. So it should be finding the libraries itself, without your help.

You can debug testsuite problems by adding -v options. The more -v options you add, the more output you get. E.g.
make check RUNTESTFLAGS="-v -v -v -v"

We normally run the testsuites in the build directories, though this is strictly speaking not the best approach, as it is better to test what was installed. Anyways, we normally do something like
cd build
../gcc/configure
make bootstrap
make -k check

If you are trying to test the installed toolchain instead of the just built one, then there could be a bug in the testsuites that prevent this from working. Maybe the testsuite setting of SHLIB_PATH is overriding yours, preventing us from finding the installed copies?

Gcc builds itself with itself as part of the normal "make bootstrap" build command. So it isn't necessary to build gcc twice.