Re: libffi automake question

Joseph S. Myers wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Andreas Tobler wrote:

How do you regenerate the Makefile.in within libffi.

# Makefile.in generated automatically by automake 1.4 from Makefile.am The one hacked for libgcj :)

Could you please then update install.texi to indicate precisely which
directories require such a version? (I hoped that when I documented the
versions based on the comments in each Makefile.in, someone would speak up
if any such modified automake versions were still needed and the fixes hadn't gone in 1.4p?.)

Joseph, I will do so as soon as some things are cleared up. But I need AG to help here since libffi is still not part of gcc.

I'd be ready to submit the autofriends conversions to gcc, but without approval nothing happens.
Also, I do not update install.texi with the old version's notice. It's not in my authority to do so.

My point here is also not to do the work twice. I wait since a longer time for the clearance of the license issue.

Personally I hope libffi gets assigned to gcc soon and we can get in sync.

If people want me to do otherwise I will.

Regards,

Andreas