Re: [tree-ssa]: Implementing unimodular and non-singular loop transforms

On Jan 6, 2004, at 2:08 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:54:19PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
I didn't mention option #3, which is

Write our own matrix math package, and rewrite the lambda algorithms
because i really have a hard time believing there is no matrix math
package we can use.

Not sure what kind of matrix math you want, but surely the fallback would be BLAS.

Very simple stuff, of course:
Basic matrix and vector and lattice operations (add in various forms, multiply in various forms, inversion, etc)
A routine to compute hermite form

Nothing highly complex.
But still a bit tedious to code, and if we can get it as part of something other parts of gcc will use more of, so much the better.

I expect some of that would start to get used by
gfortran anyway, for various high-level constructs.

r~