re: Cross Compiler Build Fails due to an Object File !

> gshobaki at ece.ucdavis.edu wrote:
>
>	I am trying to build an hppa-linux cross compiler. I have followed the
> 	instructions posted on the cross compiler web page. Building the binutils
> 	went fine, but building the cross compiler failed because it could not
> 	find an object file called crti.o

The following site is the best source of information on building a
hppa-linux cross compiler, or hppa-linux information in general.

<http://parisc-linux.org/index.html>

> Hmm. Which cross compiler web page were you following?
>
> I tried building an hppa-linux cross toolchain for hppa a while
> ago, but stopped when I realized glibc would need some patches.
> See http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/patches/glibc-2.3.2/README-hppa
> for my notes.

Linuxthreads work for me with the current debian glibc binaries.  TLS
and NPTL aren't supported yet.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)