Re: catch(...) and forced unwind

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 13:54, Matt Austern wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2003, at 9:28 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 19:20, Jason Merrill wrote:

> >> The two standards are incompatible as written.  To make pthreads and
> >> C++
> >> play nice together, one or both need some adjustment.
> >
> > I agree.
> >
> > In my opinion, the most logical way to do this is to make the following
> > changes:
>
> I wonder if this is the right forum for this discussion?

I agree that it is not.

Some people want to make changes to GCC/G++/GLIBC and so the discussion
is taking place here.

I think it would be a mistake to make those changes and check them in to
the FSF version of things without getting at least an informal buy-in
from both the POSIX threads and ISO C++ communities, but I seem to be
more conservative than most about these sorts of things.

--
Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
CodeSourcery, LLC