Re: [tree-ssa][ GC, Virtual operands, and GCing between passes

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 14:30, law@redhat.com wrote:
> In message <1071016677.17667.2918.camel@p4>, Andrew MacLeod writes:
>  >
>  >I have array of pointers to trees.
>  >
>  >so
>  >
>  >tree **defs;
> Really pointers to pointers to trees.
>

>  >I don't want what defs points to to be marked, since they are marked
>  >otherwise, I just need the defs vector itself collected:
> Is that really the reason why you're going through these contortions?  Does
> it really buy us any measurable improvement?

ACtually, no, the contortions are just to get the GC system to *let* me
have this vector. I have since punted.

> I wouldn't expect a huge overhead to check the mark on an object that we
> marked via some other chain of pointers.  But hey, maybe I'm wrong :-)

It doesnt know how to mark a tree ** type.  Even if it did that, I
wouldn't care much.

Anyway, I have a quick an dirty solution wuthout using GC for this that
lets me do some reusing.

We can visit it later if need be.
Andrew