Re: Register Spilling

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Naveen Sharma, Noida wrote:
>> This was the last post.
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-01/msg02567.html
>>
>> Do let me know if you are interesred to use this.
>
> (FWIW, I am.)
>
>> This has
>> not been checked in the mainline. For patches like this
>> to go into mainline, they should be tested for atleast 5 gcc
>> targets. I couldn't do that.
>
>Yes you can: <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/simtest-howto.html> tells
>you how.

Thanks, I knew this but for an optimization patch, we
need to prove that it actually improves (or doesn't degrade)
code for (N >= 5) targets. This IMHO requires significant effort.
But since there is interest on this, I can do simulator
test with latest version of the patch, but not in a position to
fix problems except sh-elf.

> Certainly many of the target listed fail to build

This would probably have to be tested on tree-ssa branch now, right?
Let me check what additional problems arise.

Best Regards,
Naveen Sharma.