CFG not taken care

Hi,

 I was just going through the GCC code when I happen
to notice something strange. It may not be bug, but
I'm confused.

  Defined in rtlanal.c, the function reg_set_between_p
returns true if a register is set between two insns;
all three things passed in its arguments. To my
surprise, there was just a loop like:

 for (insn = (NEXT_INSN (from_insn); insn != to_insn;
insn = NEXT_INSN (insn))
  {
  }

 It is called by many passes; but the important point
is that its traversal is linear. The CFG is not taken
care of. For example, consider the scenario:

.L1
from_insn;
bra .L2         (unconditional jump)

.L3
to_insn;

.L2
/* set the reg here */
bra .L2

  Certainly, these cases cannot be caught by
reg_set_between_p. There is a whole set of such
functions like reg_referenced_between_p, etc. Is there
any other set of functions covering CFG??

  I may be missing some important observation. Sorry
for my ignorance!!

Thanks and Regards,

=====