Re: Will tree-ssa be GCC 3.5?

In message <87oeusnfwp.fsf@egil.codesourcery.com>, "Zack Weinberg" writes:
 >kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner) writes:
 >
 >> We don't yet know that it will be *replacing* anything.  For the moment,
 >> it'll be adding a new class of optimizations.
 >
 >This strikes me as disingenuous.  The people working on the tree-ssa
 >project have clearly and repeatedly stated their intention to replace
 >several (perhaps most) of the RTL optimizers.  That this has not
 >happened yet merely indicates that the project is not done yet.
More correctly, it is our intention to either replace or significantly
simplify some of the RTL optimizations.  In particular, null pointer
check elimination, CSE, GCSE, jump opts (including jump threading).

Others obviously won't be significantly affected such as scheduling,
register allocation, block reordering, etc.

Jeff