Re: g77 in gcc3.4 20030827 miscompiles

David Edelsohn wrote:
	Where is -mpowerpc64 recommended for GCC 3.4?  That is supported
in Apple's compiler, but not in the FSF compiler.

We really need a better answer than this. This will not be the last person to ask this question. It is only a matter of days before I try using -mpowerpc64 myself with FSF gcc. I've already used it with the Apple gcc.

If -mpowerpc64 can't be made to work with FSF gcc, then we need to document this in the darwin specific install notes, and perhaps even modify gcc to emit an error.

If it can be made to work, but this work hasn't been done yet, then we should be encouraging people to submit bugs into bugzilla.