Re: ASSIGNMENT papers?

On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 05:16 PM, Carlo Wood wrote:
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:33:50AM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
I'd file for at least:

"ASSIGNMENT - gcc"
"ASSIGNMENT - BFD"
"ASSIGNMENT - GNU Binutils"
"ASSIGNMENT - DejaGNU"
"ASSIGNMENT - GNU Assembler (gas)"
"ASSIGNMENT - GNU gdb"

This way, you are covered for at least these bits, what ever they are.

Thanks for replying!

The copyright clerk says he is now sending me
also the 'gcc' and 'libstdc++' papers.

Does this mean that I NEED a seperate paper for
every runtime library that is part of gcc?
Or does he just not know what is covered by "gcc"?

No clue, the canonical answer is that this is all explained in infinite detail on our web site so that all may know the answer and so that everyone simulateously has the correct and up to date information at all times, and so the thing that is the sum total knowledge of man that we call google knows the right answer, but for some reason that is just misguided and wrong, the FSF doesn't prefer this.

:-(

We need to just assert ourselves and put all the information back on the web page, we already do this on the sly by referencing mail posts using URLs, the FSF can accept it, or accept the split. The SC can debate the merits of this... :-)

My guess is that the gcc papers cover libstdc++ assignments but that would just be a random ass guess based upon logic. Though, that same logic says that gcc would cover the gcc documentation, and last I knew it'd be the wrong answer in that case.

Maybe someone else will send a pointer to an email that cantained the answer to your question, and maybe we can then ask for such a pointer to be put on the web pages... :-) Sorry.