Re: Which versions of autoconf/automake to use...

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:43:18AM -0700, David Daney wrote:

> Q: Should I just autoconf/autoheader/automake with my versions and check
> in, or should I be using a spicific version of the tools?

Specific versions.  We are in the middle of transitioning from older
versions to newer ones, and different subprojects are at different points
in that transition.

A good check is to look at the comments in the first few lines of the
generated files, which will often contain the version used to generate them.

Phil

--
I am asking you a *serious question* about
the location, and current status, of your pants!