Re: Testing -fnew-ra (and GCC in general)

Michael Matz wrote:
I've logged into bugzilla (#12619) details of a gcc 3.4 (and g++) bug

Only broken on mainline. The new-ra branch compiles this.

Is new-ra targeted for 3.4 or 3.5?

It's a relatively small matter for me to download a given branch and compile it for my own use -- and certainly, for the matter of testing, this is expected and reasonable.

For 99% or more of gcc's users, the version of gcc available is whatever the last stable release was, or the version of gcc provided by their OS.

So, when I publish my results in the next few days, I'll be publishing numbers for gcc-3.4 20031015; I may also do numbers for 3.3.2, and perhaps (time permitting) 2.95.3. But I think covering any of the development branches -- new-ra or tree-ssa -- is only valid for discussion here, among gcc developers. Most "users" aren't going to be working with branches, for whatever reason.

--
Scott Robert Ladd