Re: [tree-ssa] bug analysis for 20000603-1.c

In message <20031014073000.GB27340@redhat.com>, Richard Henderson writes:
 >On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 07:45:22PM -0600, law@redhat.com wrote:
 >>  >Well, mind sharing with us what other test cases have also already been
 >>  >analyzed, so there's not too much duplication of effort?
 >> Well, I know what the tree-ssa.exp failures are since I cobbled together
 >> most of those tests.  I think everyone else just ignores them :-)
 >
 >I've been trying to work the last two weeks or so fixing or
 >xfailing all of them.  We really need to be able to tell at
 >a glance whether a patch causes a regression.
I won't disagree at all.  Each merge has tended to bring in new tests
which fail for one reason or another.  We tend to hit a critical mass of
failures, then someone (Diego, myself, now you) goes through and nails as
many as they can and the cycle starts again.

It's one of the reasons why I think it's critical that we be focused on the
goal of getting this work into the mainline sources. :-)

jeff