Re: Proposed targets to deprecate for 3.4

On 30 Sep 2003 at 23:04, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> An important meta-point which folks may have missed is I DO NOT HAVE
> TIME TO MAINTAIN OR AUGMENT THIS TABLE.  I am not going to spend any
> more effort on it.  I encourage other people to pick up the ball.

Then I'll add this for reference for whoever does pick up the ball.

Target   | HMSLQNFICBD lqrcpfgmbdhates
---------+----------------------------
avr      | H??  N   BD           h  e

Add M: Atmel is cranking out a bunch of these processors in all different
variants covered by this.

I think you can add S, would this count?:
SimulAVR, <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/simulavr>
It works with GDB to provide AVR simulation. It doesn't yet simulate for
all AVR variants, but it is a *very* active project by one of the main AVR
toolchain maintainers.

As an aside there's also AVaRICE <http://sourceforge.net/projects/avarice>,
which through GDB, provides emulation with a JTAG ICE. Again, a very active
project.

Target   | HMSLQNFICBD lqrcpfgmbdhates
m68hc11  | ??S  N   BD      f m  h tes

I would say definitely H.

And it looks like Motorola still makes the 68HC11 and 68HC12 which that's
what the GCC port at <http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/m68hc11> covers. So
add M.

Eric Weddington