Re: DWARF debugging format implementation

On Sep 30, 2003, at 2:44 PM, Devang Patel wrote:

David,

It is good to know about C++ namespace support progress. Thanks
for update.

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 8:33 AM, David Carlton wrote:

(I have no idea who, if anybody, is working on duplicate header
removal.)

Does this mean, GCC work is complete
yes

 but GDB does not know how
to handle it?
yes

What about linker ? Does it know how to remove duplicate
header info?

It's done through linkonce sections, so it doesn't do anything special.
This, of course, adds some constant overhead that could be removed by ld knowing how to remove duplicate info on it's own.
This leads me to another question - is there any document describing
what GCC is generating for duplicate header debug info removal ?

I'll try namespace patch (11114) and see what happens.

I haven't looked at exactly which version was the last I had sent david, but i eventually extended it to support using statements, anonymous namespaces, etc.